The Official Mystic Cobra Registry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planning the 2016 Events

Go down

Planning the 2016 Events Empty Planning the 2016 Events

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi All,
My name is Kim W and I'm helping plan the weekend family event for Mystic Cobra Nation 2016. Yes, you read it right, 2016. Planning an event the size we would like to offer, the fun we want you to have, a show of the mystic cobras and mystichrome cobras will take about 1 year to put together. We hope that as we post options for the events you will vote! and tell us what you think. As we go we will be asking for those planning on attending to make the commitment, add it to your calender, and make plans to be here. Financially, I want to make this as affordable as possible for everyone. While, at this time we have leads on sponsors, we have no budget for the event. As I'm one to be upfront and transparent, the costs to get started are coming out of the pockets of the 3 individuals putting this together. No I don't work for the government, lol! lol! , never held an office either. I've put a number of events together and have always posted an accounting of the costs as I go as well as a final cost and where the money went. If you ever have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to let me know!!

Goals: 1) Everyone that attends has a great time. Smile Smile
2) A successful anniversary car show of the 1996 Mystic Cobras. All Mystichrome cobras are welcome to be part of the show as well. These cars are all unique!
3) Break the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest line of mustangs and Ford vehicles.
The weekend events in the planning stage:
Friday Night: A meet & greet event and the start of the final registration for the Guinness Book of Records
Saturday: 20th Anniversary Mystic Cobra car show. Also on display will be the Mystichrome Cobras in attendance.
Saturday Evening: A BBQ or Banquet with dinner, speakers, music and awards
Sunday: Early morning lineup for the Guinness Book Of Records Mustang & Ford vehicles. The parade. A final gathering & potential show of all participating cars at our destination at the end of the parade.

* CJ Pony Parts near Hershey, Pa. & Harrisburg, Pa. has agreed to host our car show.
* I'm hoping to work with Hershey Park to host the final destination for the parade of mustangs & Ford vehicles for the Guinness World Records.
* We will have group discount tickets available for purchase for Hershey Park through the Mystic Nation site. We will need at least 20 people for any day between Friday and Sunday to offer this. If there are enough requests for Thursday or Monday, before and after the event we will try to make this happen as well.
* Chocolate World of Hershey Park, at this time is free.
* I will look to have other attractions discount tickets offers as well.
* I will be working with local hotels in the area to get the best rates for those coming in from out of the area. Sleep Sleep These may go very quickly so if your coming in from out of the area I suggest you keep tabs on this topic. There is also camping grounds not too far away as well and I can have info if anyone is interested.

If you will be bringing your family, please let me know as soon as possible and the sex and ages. I want to have some fun things for all the kids (teens too). Let me know which events you will be attending.

There may be an inexpensive registration fee for the Guinness World Record event. I'm suggesting $5 now.

I am suggesting that any funds left over be donated to The Milton Hershey School. Please check out their web site. If you have other suggestions, please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from all of you and hope to have the chance to meet you at the events!!
Kim
BTW: I own a v6 mustang convertible and a gt mustang convertible.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum